ARE is a successful engineering and technology company that provides engineering, UAS (drone) solutions and software as a service to the transportation, energy, and environmental sectors. We are looking for a team player to supervise ARE’s development team and be responsible for writing code (as necessary) to ensure that development timelines are met and that requests for software enhancement are addressed promptly and professionally. The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully leading web and mobile app development teams. This position requires strong organization and communication skills; the ability to supervise others in a fast-paced highly collaborative environment; and hands-on understanding of a broad range of programming languages, web frameworks, database structures, web hosting environments, internet technologies, and security protocols.
This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic team working to bring engineering and technology solutions to the railroad and utility industries. We embrace diversity, and our staff is empowered to champion new ideas and approaches.
General Responsibilities include:
Support the AREview™ Software Development team in meeting the goals and objectives established by stakeholders.
Work closely with internal stakeholders to coordinate the development of systems that meet the needs of customers and provide the company with significant competitive differentiation.
- Lead, support and grow a development project team and responsible for overall team performance and results.
- Direct the project team in estimation, analyzing, designing, coding, debugging, testing and modifying software enhancements and/or new software.
- Provide high-level architecture guidance and create strategic technical designs for projects of small scope within given solution area.
- Manage escalation and issue resolution for internal or external clients and stakeholders.
- Provide input to project resourcing plans.
- Advocate for an efficient development environment, set expectations and drive continuous improvement and high quality code.
- Consult with stakeholders on current functionality and complexity of adding new features to develop software specifications.
- Translate business problems into functional work estimates at the component level for current and future projects.
- Mentor associates across the organization.
- Understand and embrace our vision and our business philosophy, and passionately focus on meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.
- Ensure the security of all sensitive customer data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Minimum 5 years of related web development experience
- Demonstrated experience leading a successful development team
- Experience with web and mobile app development
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to supervise others in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Programming Languages: Java, React, Python, HTML, Swift
- Database: Postgres, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, SQLite, SAP
- Web Hosting: AWS
- Strong Mathematics background, numerical processing and analysis, machine learning, pattern recognition.
- 3+ years of People Management or coaching experience is desired.
- Experience in working successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Career and professional development opportunities.
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems.
- A competitive compensation package, medical, dental, and vision benefits, life and long-term disability insurance, and a 401k, with a company match.
- A cell phone and home internet supplement plan while working remotely.
- Work with an extraordinary team of intelligent, creative, and highly motivated people.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org