American Rail Engineers is growing and we have an immediate need for a Bridge Inspector. The position will perform railroad bridge inspections, using ARE Mobile App. Construction management experience in the railroad industry preferred. This position will train inspectors in using AREview™ proprietary software and drone technology.
This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic team working to bring engineering and technology solutions to the railroad industry. We embrace diversity, and the staff is empowered to champion new ideas and approaches.
Scarborough, ME with the opportunity to work remotely for periods of time
- Must have a team-oriented attitude. Ability to put the team’s goals and priorities ahead of individual goals.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience performing infrastructure inspections, railroad and highway bridges a plus.
- Ability to read bridge and construction plans.
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
- Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- Experience with construction bid process.
- Certified Level 1 or 2 SPRAT a plus
- Experience operating UAS (drones) a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in field inspection.
- Aptitude toward technology.
- Ability to travel for 7-12 days at a time for bridge inspections.
- Ability to hike steep slopes, work at heights in harsh weather environments.
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- A competitive compensation package, medical, dental and vision benefits, life and long-term disability insurance and a 401k, with a company match
- A cell phone and home internet supplement plan
- An extraordinary team of intelligent, creative, and highly motivated people
How to Apply
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject Railroad Bridge Inspector.