ARE Corp. is a successful engineering and technology company that provides engineering, UAS (drone) solutions and software as a service to the transportation, energy, and environmental sectors. We’re looking for a bridge inspector with an engineering or bridge construction background. The ideal candidate for this position has at least 2-4 years of engineering, railroad, bridge construction or engineering experience, a positive attitude, enjoys the outdoors, has a willingness to travel, and a desire for continued growth.
This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic team working to bring engineering and technology solutions to the railroad industry. We embrace diversity, and the staff is empowered to champion new ideas and approaches.
Scarborough, ME with the opportunity to work remotely for periods of time
- As a Railroad Bridge Inspector/Engineer you will be required to travel up to 50% of the time (a typical inspection trip is 10-14 days)
- Railroad bridge inspections require the ability to hike steep slopes and work at heights in harsh weather environments.
- Inspectors will perform annual, detailed, emergency, and complex bridge inspections of railroad bridges of all types, shapes, and sizes
- You will utilize the AREview™ Mobile app. to assist with bridge inspections and developing reports
- In between inspection trips, you will assist with bridge inspection reports, as well as design and engineering tasks.
- Inspectors will begin as an associate bridge inspector with anticipation of becoming a Lead Inspector within 1-2 years (based on experience).
- We operate as a direct extension of our clients’ Bridge Management Program and with that, you will be expected to make engineering assessments on-site and report directly to the client.
- You will be trained on utilizing UAS (drones) to augment bridge inspections
- High school diploma/GED, Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited school (preferred)
- 2-4 years of engineering, bridge construction, or inspection experience
- Ability to read bridge and construction plans
- Experience with AutoCAD, SAP2000, RISA, and/or MathCAD a plus
- Experience drafting construction plans
- Must have a team-oriented attitude. Ability to put the team’s goals and priorities ahead of individual goals.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and aptitude for technology
- Familiarity with Microsoft programs including Word and Excel
- Experience with the construction bid process and bid packages a plus
- Experience operating UAS (drones) a plus
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- A competitive compensation package, medical, dental, and vision benefits, life and long-term disability insurance, and a 401k, with a company match
- A cell phone and home internet supplement plan
- Work with an extraordinary team of intelligent, creative, and highly motivated people
How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org