American Rail Engineers (ARE) is growing and we have an immediate need for a Bridge/Rail Engineer. The position will perform railroad bridge ratings, design, and inspections. Construction management experience in the railroad industry preferred. This position will train entry-level, junior engineers, and bridge inspectors.
This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic team working to bring engineering and technology solutions to the railroad industry. We embrace diversity, and the staff is empowered to champion new ideas and approaches.
Scarborough, ME with the opportunity to work remotely for periods of time
- Must have a team-oriented attitude. Ability to put the team’s goals and priorities ahead of individual goals.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Experience performing structural calculations for bridge design and ratings.
- Ability to read construction plans and shop drawings.
- Experience drafting construction plans
- Experience in geotechnical engineering and hydrology is a plus.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SAP2000, RISA and/or MathCAD.
- Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
- Experience in developing bid packages.
- Experience operating UAS (drones) for bridge inspection purposes a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in railroad bridge inspection and/or design.
- Ability to train employees and be a leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited school.
- Ability to travel for 7-12 days at a time for bridge inspections.
- Ability to hike steep slopes, work at heights in harsh weather environments.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) required. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- A competitive compensation package, medical, dental and vision benefits, life and long-term disability insurance and a 401k, with a company match
- A cell phone and home internet supplement plan
- An extraordinary team of intelligent, creative, and highly motivated people
How to Apply
Interested? Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject Railroad Bridge Engineer